Friday 3 April 2009

Answering the call

One of the feeds in my live.com Tech tab (which is distinct from my Microsoft tab :-) ) is Wintellog, which is an aggregated feed of all the bloggers at Wintellect. I've seen several of these guys speak over the years, mostly at DevWeek - they are all top-notch and I thoroughly recommend seeing them if you get chance.


Yesterday John Robbins wrote something of a call to action: read Code Complete and write a 'book report' on it as a comment in his blog.


Guilty confession time: I've never read it, despite it being on my desk for a number of years. It's not something I'm proud of, but I'm confessing. And I'm undertaking to answer the call: I took it home last night, and I'm going to read it (as soon as I finish the excellent Six Sacred Stones). I'll post my review here as well as on John's blog, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

No comments: