Monday, 3 November 2008

Velocity CTP2

CTP2 of Velocity was announced at PDC last week - the announcement on the Velocity blog is here, you can download the bits here.

First thoughts are that they've done a lot of work since CTP1.

I installed this CTP tonight and ran up a super-quick demo, and it worked perfectly first time. And by perfectly I mean once I'd fixed my code. And by first time, I mean once I'd updated my web.config. This is good as it means all the problems were on my end, not theirs! (Same old story)

I'm going to have a bit more of a play today/tomorrow and will post some more details then. I've also got the PDC videos to watch.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Although Velocity has made progress from CTP1 to CTP2, it still leaves much to be desired. It will be some time before they provide all the important features in a distributed cache and even longer before it is tested in the market. I wish them good luck. In the meantime, NCache already provides all CTP2 & V1, and many more features. NCache is the first, the most mature, and the most feature-rich distributed cache in the .NET space. NCache is an enterprise level in-memory distributed cache for .NET and also provides a distributed ASP.NET Session State. Check it out at Distributed Cache. NCache Express is a totally free version of NCache. Check it out at Free Distributed Cache.