Thursday, 2 October 2008

.webinfo Files

Just one of those things I'm blogging so I can look it up when it happens again...

I converted one of our Web Application projects the other day from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2008. It all built on my machine without any problem, but when one of my colleagues opened the updated project in 2008 on his machine it opened as a Website.

Eventually I compared folders between my machine and his, and I spotted a ProjectName.vbproj.webinfo file. I had a quick look at it in Notepad, the contents all looked correct but I had a sneaking suspicion that this was the culprit. I moved the file up a folder, and then re-opened the project in VS, just to see what happened. And it opened as a Web Application.

No comments: